Thursday, June 10, 2010

If no merger, then Iggy; if merger, then no Iggy

So there's no confusion about what I wrote in my last two posts, let me be absolutely clear.    Right now the talk of a "unite the left" movement is just talk in the backrooms and on the webpages of my colleagues and me.

But if this is all just talk, then as long as the Liberal Party remains as it is, then I support Michael Ignatieff as its leader -- one hundred percent -- until he decides it's time to leave.   But if the Liberals and the NDP do merge in some form, then I think Ignatieff would be way too much of a liability and would have to go.

Vote for this post at Progressive Bloggers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People are getting way too panicky and stupid.

Check out Aaron Wherry's blog at Macleans - he has a history of polling from the 1980's/90's.

Chretien wasn't any better in the polls than Ignatieff

If Libs merge with NDP - I'm done and I've been a Liberal all my life through thick and thin.

Current supporters do really need to stop panicking and grow up.

Lyn