Monday, May 3, 2010

What I am not

It's been a few weeks since my last post ... I almost made a comment last week about Gordon Brown's comment calling a constituent "bigoted" but there's no need:   Elections aren't won but lost and he lost it with that one, his apology notwithstanding.

But I do need to make a few things absolutely clear today because of some ugly things I learned offhand from a "source" the last few days about some things that have been said about me.

Let me be clear:  I am by no means perfect.   In fact, I have done some pretty lousy things which have gotten me into a heap of trouble and for which I am prepared to take full responsibility.

But amongst the most outrageous things, I categorically deny.   So let's set the record straight.   I am straight, not homosexual or bisexual (not that there's anything wrong with either).   I most certainly am not a pedophile.   I don't even know what it means to give off an "effeminate bearing" so I am not going to go there.   I can be mean and put people off the wrong way at times, but the suggestion that I am evil or the devil incarnate or the Antichrist -- well, if that was the case, all the televangelists would have targeted me for assassination by now!   (And it's not like there are already a whole bunch of candidates anyway already.)

I can't forgive myself for the wrongs I've done (although God can) but I won't apologize for the things I am not.   I don't expect an apology either -- I just want to clear the air.

Vote for this post at Progressive Bloggers.

1 comment:

DavidA said...

If you're the Antichrist you should have your own blogroll.